Thursday, May 31, 2012

Why we HATE Bullies


12 Year old East Harlem boy driven to suicide because of Bullying. I have read these articles numerously and I just don't understand why? Why are children so merciless and cruel? This child's mother went to the extreme to protect her child and the bullies prevailed by driving her son to commit suicide. In realization of her sons death, she intended to take her own life using the knife she use to cut her sons rope that he used to hang himself. 

As a mother of 2 children, my daughter Naiya was a victim of bullying. I spoke with her teachers and they reached out to the parents.  I just couldn't bare the idea that my child could suffer the fate of this child, so last November I enrolled her at Tiger Schulmann's mixed martial art in Yonkers. It was Sensei Tirelli that gave my daughter confidence to stand up for herself and stop the bullies from picking on her.  

Honestly, this wasn't enough in my mind, I couldn't bare to see another child bullied and so I talked to my General Manager about doing an ANTI-BULLYING campaign in our local school district. I worked with Sensei Tirelli who was on board in participating in the joint effort in stopping bullying from our schools. So in effort in stopping Bullying, we here at Westchester Toyota want you our friends, fans, and loyal readers to tell your school about our ANTI-BULLYING CAMPAIGN. We want you to voice that WE NEED this in our schools so there won't be another child like Joel Morales who had to take his own life to stop the bullies. Please E-Mail me if you would like for me to send our campaign idea so you can forward it to your local school board.

Laura Hidalgo
Social Media Manager


No comments:

Post a Comment