Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Work after bereavement...

Have you ever dealt with the death of loved one and didn't know how to function when you went back to work? When condolences were limited to about less than 10 people to acknowledge that your life has been flipped upside down and all you want to do is cry.

How do you go back to work where everyone's life is normal and yours has made a complete 180ยบ? When my brother passed away, I felt like I had a case of phantom limbs, just waiting for this missing limb to reappear, but it never will. It has only been 6 weeks since he died and I feel people are expecting me to like nothing ever happened. Has anyone ever felt that way before? Then next question is how long does it take for someone to heal?

I try every day to stay strong, not just for my children and loved ones, but for the people who depend on me at work. Truthfully, I think I have tried to put my emotions to the side and just have deal with the hand that I was dealt but in truth, I do not think that is the answer either. So question remains, what is the right answer?


Laura Hidalgo
Social Media Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment